As a Senior Consultant in our business you will be primarily tasked with hands on delivery for our clients. You will also help to drive our ambitious growth strategy. You will lead your own client projects and work as part of a bigger team on larger more complex projects.
Your work with our clients may include the application of the following technical skills:
• Service modelling to assist health and care providers transform services and/or secure new contracts
• Developing organisational wide transformation strategies including establishing effective PMOs, governance and benefits realisation
• Developing long-term growth strategies and working on commercial opportunities to help clients grow, via new services, acquisitions or winning new contracts;
• Strategic estates work that ensures space utilisation is efficient, results driven and people first
• Organisational and partnership development to ensure organisations and increasingly partnerships have the shared vision, goals, structures, processes and cultures to maximise their effectiveness
• Building business and investment cases (including financial models and business cases)
• Developing client-specific organisational strategies and measurement frameworks to capture social value and develop organisations
As a Senior Consultant you will be expected to:
• Build detailed expertise in one or more specialist areas listed above.
• Creatively identify solutions to match clients’ needs.
• Oversee the delivery of solutions with little or no support.
• Peer review work prepared by others.
• Monitor and manage key risks relating to the application of technical solutions on client engagements & projects.
• Develop training materials in specialist technical areas.
• Manage most projects as they move through planning, design, development, deployment and evaluation.
• Quickly build rapport with all stakeholders at clients and partner organisations.
• Oversee project team dynamics and team development.
• Review project outputs produced by team members and provide insightful feedback and constructive challenge.
• Design engaging, content specific presentations based on the needs of the audience. Presents at client and partner meetings including those involving multiple stakeholders. Review presentation materials prepared by more junior members of the team.
• Design and facilitate workshops involving multiple stakeholders.
• Communicate with ease and authenticity with stakeholders at all levels in client and partner organisations.
Your internal business responsibilities will include:
• Leading on the development of new services and / or business areas
• Responsibility for the management of key internal area.
• Contribution to the development and implementation of organisational strategy and business plan.
• Leading on the development of sales proposals. Identifying sell-on work and / or new sales opportunities
• Line managing our Consultants.
• Coaching and developing junior members of the team.
You will actively promote Baxendale brand being able to influence a wide range of stakeholders internally and externally.
You will have a firm understanding of health and wellbeing sector and you will be able to discuss its key challenges with confidence.
As an ideal candidate:
• You have a bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of experience of working in a consulting role
• You have knowledge and experience in one or more of the following technical competencies applied in health and wellbeing sector:
• You have developed complex solutions for clients ensuring quality of outputs that match client needs.
• You have led project teams delegating work accordingly to provide development opportunities for more junior members of the team.
• You have produced high quality presentations and led meetings with senior stakeholders externally or internally.
• You can demonstrate good knowledge of the health and wellbeing sector and you are able to discuss its main challenges.
• You can demonstrate commitment to personal and professional development of self and others.
• You can discuss key elements of line management, goal setting and performance management processes.
• You can discuss key elements of business operations and business planning.
• You have contributed to sales proposals.
• You can evidence ability to influence a wide range of stakeholders resolve challenging situations externally and internally.
• You can demonstrate understanding of employee ownership and commitment to Baxendale values.
We operate a hybrid work model combining remote working with access to office space in London. Our Partners can work from their location of choice the majority of time. However the Partners are encouraged to attend monthly team meetings in London and travel to client locations if required. The company provides travel solution for all meetings.
£55,000 – £72,000 The starting salary is dependent on the level of experience.
Benefits include 10% pension, life insurance, share ownership and performance related profit share.
• Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
• Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, letting us know where you heard about the role. Please include an up-to-date CV (max 2 pages) and a covering letter (max 1 page) demonstrating your understanding of Baxendale’s mission, what attracts you to this role, and how skills and experience fit the job description and person specification.
• Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Baxendale is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and demonstrating that we genuinely value the diversity of our workforce. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply